Thursday, September 29, 2011

In The Mood

Those of you who have been reading this month have probably noticed a specific theme. This is the last post for September so I just wanted to mention one more amazing power that scent has to offer. Aside from it's ability to act as a time machine, and it's ability to teleport us from place to place and one season to the next, it can also alter our moods. Scent has the ability to sooth and calm, energize and invigorate. Scent can make us feel more happy and content, and even more romantic.
If you have ever had one of those days when it feels like your world has gone completely insane, the house is a mess, the kids are screaming, you have piles of work to do, the husband is hungry for a snack and for some reason doesn't seem to understand that pouring a bowl of cereal is something even he might be able to manage on his own. Before you turn into Monster Mommy, and start biting of the heads of innocent bystanders, reach for a calming scent. Absinthe Daydream, or Lavender Fields for Lampe Berger are perfect. Take ten nice deep belly breaths, and you can instantly feel the stress and tension melting away. An added bonus, use these around bedtime, and your little ones wont even know what hit them. 
Now think about your morning routine. Mine consists of trying to force myself to be a  healthy and responsible adult, and then trying to drag my daughter feet first from her bed when she refuses to get up. This is something I would rather not do most mornings. Here is a little trick I am going to try next week. Since my husband is usually the first one up I am going to ask him to get the fragrance going so that I wake up to a scent that is pleasant, and invigorating. My favorite pick me up is Lemon Flower( I have had a friend say that my house smells "Yummy" when I use this scent. Is there any better compliment?). Other scents include Grapefruit Passion, Orange Blossom, Green Apple, Sweet Pear, and Zest of Verbena. All for Lampe Berger, all equally yummy. These scents also induce a feeling of happiness.
And last but certainly not least, for all the romantics out there try scents that are floral and a little bit exotic. Scents that are a little sweet are good too, but I wouldn't recommend anything that makes you want to run to the kitchen for a big slice of cake, or a sandwich. Wild Orchid, Radiant Iris, are lovely in small doses. Vanilla Gourmet is a more subtle foodie scent, and in my opinion perfect.  A scented candle like Moon Struck is also nice.
So there you have it everything you have ever wanted to know about scent, and then some. October is going to be a very exciting and fun month in The Galleries, and online. We are choosing our Customer Question of the Month today at 11:59 P.M. If you would like to submit a question message Galleries Vernal on Facebook today. We will be posting this question on Saturday, October 1, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment